I’m still moving forward with ideas for Patreon and have a long list of rewards for patrons who back my project. Here’s a sneak peak at some ideas, feel free to comment if you have other ideas that might work.
- Access to first drafts and a beta reader program. Have the ability to offer feedback and become part of the creative process.
- Extra material not included in the books – Background on characters, Initial drafts and outlines, deleted scenes, etc.
- Free copies of the finished books in e-book or possibly paperback format as well (if I can work out how not to bankrupt myself with postage around the world), Once the postage is sorted, then all the paperback options would be signed before sending as well ;o)
- Use of a patrons name (first or last) in one of my books or short stories – Now I’d love Brandon Sanderson or Brian McClellan to do that for me…
- Q+A posts – we’ll be having some dedicated Ask me Anything (AMA) sessions where I will answer your questions live and direct over the magic of text. Ask me about the writing process, the book, characters, how I get my ideas, why I don’t like cats as much as dogs… Whatever you fancy, it’s your session.
- Acknowledgements in the published books, in both ebook and print.
- Story Collaboration – now this is something I’m really excited about. I’d like to get feedback from some of my key patrons and allow them to influence the direction that the stories go in, character names and places, even plot twists or the fate of some of the protagonists. How does that sound?
- Sneak peeks at cover designs and blurb before anyone else gets to see it.
- And of course access to the Patron only feed with updates of what’s happening in the worlds of Fogbound and ArkZeroNine (plus whatever comes next too)
So that’s the outline of the plan, I need to get onto setting the reward levels so I’m happy to look at any ideas you splendid folks have about what you would like to see.
—IN OTHER NEWS—
In other news, it was my birthday yesterday – whoot!
Thanks for all the presents by the way.
What, you forgot? That’s OK, just take this as a heads up for next year ;o)
Looking forward with trepidation to the Solo movie. It’s a bit like the worry/terror of waiting for The Force Awakens – Please let it be good, Please let it be Good. I want so much for it to be good that I’m worried it will be utter crap and ruin one of the most iconic duo’s in SciFi.
Well what’s the worse that could happen?
(No, don’t answer that.)
OK, that’s all for now, so until next time
Be Splendid to one another.